DRAMA AUSTRALIA represents drama teachers, academics, applied theatre workers and theatre in education practitioners at national arts and curriculum forums and in national and international peak associations such as:
- NAAE [National Advocates of Arts Education]
- IDEA [International Drama/Theatre and Education Association]
- CHASS [Council for Humanities, Arts & Social Science]
Drama Australia has an Executive Board of Directors made up of representatives from across the country. Each state and territory association has a Drama Australian Liaison Officer (DALO). Drama Australia also appoints an International Liaison Officer (ILO).
Face to face and teleconference meetings happen regularly and each state reports at these meetings. The association elects the executive annually at the Annual General Meeting.
Please Click Here for the Drama Australia constitution.
Member Associations of Drama Australia
- ACTDA – Australian Capital Territory Drama Association
- Drama NSW – Drama Education Association of New South Wales
- Drama Queensland – Queensland Drama in Education Association
- Drama TAS – Tasmanian Association for Drama in Education
- Drama Vic – Drama in education Association of Victoria
- Drama West – Association of Drama Educators Western Australia
- Drama South Australia – South Australian Association for Drama in Education
- Drama Territory – Northern Territory Drama Association