The National Association for Drama Australia (we, us or our) recognises that your privacy is important and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information we collect from you. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and Australian Privacy Principles govern the way in which we must manage your personal information. This policy sets out how we use, gather, disseminate and otherwise manage your personal information.
Types of information collected We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you and is relevant to providing you with the services you are seeking. The kinds of information we typically collect include name, gender, address, phone number, email address, facsimile number, bank account details or other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know, is seeking.
Method of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you when you provide that information voluntarily to us, through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, or through a telephone conversation with you. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties acting on your behalf. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected. From time to time, our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations will provide us with your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Purpose of collection
The personal information that we collect and hold about you, depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing services to you or someone else you know;
- considering and processing your membership form and processing your membership fees;
- considering and processing any other registration, subscription or application forms that you provide to us;
- contacting you about your subscription or account status, changes to the subscriber agreement or other matters relevant to the services or personal information provided;
- preparing and publishing content submissions and community postings;
- liaising with relevant organisations to encourage and support our mission;
- providing you with information about other services, functions or events that we offer that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with information relevant to your type of business or other areas of expertise or interest;
- providing you with the opportunity to meet other people and attend seminars and conferences in your type of business, or other areas of expertise or interest;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements;
- performing statistical analysis of user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest and use of the various areas of our website and to inform advertisers of such information;
- analysing our services with a view to improving those services; and
- contacting you to provide a testimonial for us.
Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know with the services you, or they, are seeking.
Use and Disclosure
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
(a) our related entities to facilitate our and their internal business processes;
(c) third parties authorised by you to receive your personal information held by us; and 3
(d) our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations, including our State members, so that those organisations may provide you with information about services, products and various promotions.
We are likely to disclose personal information overseas. For instance, our infrastructure and that of our service providers or other recipients may be based outside Australia, including New Zealand. In some circumstances, the law may permit or require us to use or disclose personal information for other purposes (for instance where you would reasonably expect us to and the purpose is related to the purpose of collection). We do not sell or otherwise transfer your personal information to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. At such points of collection or at any other time upon request, you have the opportunity to ‘opt out’ of receiving information from us, including promotional or marketing information about products, services and offerings by us or third parties, by contacting us as set out below.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
Access and correction
Complaints and feedback
The National Association for Drama Australia
Address: PO Box 1205, Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia
If after this process you are not satisfied with our response, you can submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
To lodge a complaint, visit the ‘Complaints’ section of the Information Commissioner’s website, located at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints, to obtain the relevant complaint forms, or contact the Information Commissioner’s office.
More information For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Drama Australia assumes no responsibility for any postings or their content. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We do not allow postings of images, content or videos from Drama Australia page members however commenting and liking is acceptable and monitored by the administrator and Director of Communications. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will consider and review the objection.
Drama Australia retains the right to remove objectionable messages within a reasonable time frame. As a user, you agree to any information you have entered on this site being stored in a database. You acknowledge that all posts made to this site express the views and opinions of the author and not Drama Australia, administrators, moderators or webmaster or any member of the Board therewith and hence we will not be held liable for any such postings.
You may not sell, promote, or advertise any products or contractor services on the Drama Australia Facebook page. While we appreciate the expertise that many Drama specific organisations have to offer, Drama Australia requests that companies and individuals refrain from advertising or soliciting on the Drama Australia Facebook page. If you can offer expertise, guidance or information on given subjects, please do so, but do not offer this advice as an attempt to sell your own product or service. Any attempt to solicit Drama Australia members and Facebook page members may result in removal from this page.
You may not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, defamatory, knowingly false, inaccurate, hateful, threatening, harassing, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. We reserve the right to reveal your identity in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any person posting a message.
Except for the limited purpose of reviewing material on this site, electronic reproduction, adaptation, distribution, performance or display is strictly prohibited. Commercial use of any content is strictly prohibited. You may not display this site in frames (or any of the content via in-line links) without Drama Australia’s express written permission, which may be requested by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Shop Returns and Cancellation Policy
Drama Australia does not normally give a refund for a customer change of mind or wrong decision.
The return of Drama Australia Books are allowable only in the following circumstances:
- Transit damage/faulty
- Titles incorrectly supplied by Drama Australia
Prior permission must be obtained before returning Books to Drama Australia. Postage and Handling charges are non-refundable. Books returned without written authorisation will not be accepted by Drama Australia. Drama Australia does not carry the costs related to the return of goods, except where goods were incorrectly supplied by Drama Australia.
All claims must be made within 30 days from the date of invoice, and specify our invoice number relevant to the sale.
Where publications are faulty or have been incorrectly downloaded, you can choose between a refund, exchange or credit on the return of the item with a copy of the original invoice/receipt.
Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for the transaction on the return of the product with a copy of the original invoice/receipt.
Membership Refund and Cancellation Policy
Drama Australia may act as an online shopfront for the sale of Memberships which will be provided by the Australian State/Territory Drama in Education associations that make up Drama Australia.
- The State/Territory of which the membership was purchased for reserves the right to refuse/cancel a membership.
- If the State/Territory of which the membership was purchased for refuses a new or renewing membership, registrants will be offered a refund by that State/Territory.
Membership Cancellation by Participant
- Membership cancellations received within 14 days of registration may be eligible to receive a full refund less $35 service fee.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations will be accepted via fax or e-mail to Drama Australia and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All benefits and incentives received by the participant must be cancelled/returned to the State/Territory from which the membership was obtained.
- All refund requests must be made by the payee or credit card holder.
- Refund requests must include the name of the payee and transaction number.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.