Research Award nominations
Eligibility for the Drama Australia Research Award nominations are open to members of Drama Australia either as the nominee (research degree graduate), or the nominator (thesis supervisor).
Research Award Nomination due date is coming soon.
Download the Research Award Nomination Form
For more information contact Christine Hatton, Director of Research: Christine.Hatton@newcastle.edu.au
1. The thesis constitutes a substantive original contribution to knowledge in one or more of the following areas: drama education; or, applied theatre; or theatre for young audiences
2. The thesis provides a high-quality critical appraisal of the relevant literature.
3. The research methods are relevant to the research questions, appropriate to the field and clearly justified and applied.
4. The thesis is of a high quality and provides a critical and comprehensive investigation of the topic.
5. Research findings are significant to the field, clearly demonstrated and accompanied by a high-quality interpretation.
6. Conclusions and implications are appropriately developed so that the research has the potential for national/international impact.
Research Award Review Panel
The blind thesis review and Award selection process necessitates strict confidentiality from the Review Panel to ensure that only they are cognisant of the Award’s longlist, shortlist and winner recommendations.
Research Award Review Panellists:
• Adjunct Professor Mary Mooney, Western Sydney University, NSW.
• Dr Christina Gray, Edith Cowen University, WA.
• Professor John O’Toole AM, University of Melbourne, VIC & Griffith University, QLD